Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another 'peace' of my life's puzzle?

I really didn't plan on this. As a matter of fact, I had just been thinking that I was kind of disappointed that I wouldn't be experiencing something similar to last year's 'journey of joy"..but how could I possibly since my word 'came to me' so clearly last year?
  These past holidays were challenging for us because we were surrounded by illness. We had to wear masks to visit my mom in the nursing home although for the most part they were asking for no visitors at all because of the flu...There were stresses on us from the staff telling us what we 'needed to do' not only for mom but for dad who was also coming down with this creeping crud. Since our family philosophies on healthcare differ than theirs we had to weigh each little decision & pray we were making the right choices. I felt ill equipped & helpless since I only know what I know & I'm not a dr. nor a psychic.
  One night after my dear hubby went to bed the house was loudly quiet. I could just feel my inner self upset and out of control (I'm sure this was due in part to being exhausted & also fighting this bug that was going around) I knew that I needed to find something calming....so I got myself some camomile tea and picked up my Bible. I needed to find something to quell my inner turmoil so that I could get some much needed rest.  I was praying for inner-peace & calm.  I looked up everything I could find regarding peace, comfort, rest....
  The next day I saw a video from author Debbie Macomber who inspired me last year through one of her books to have a word of focus, to begin with. In it she stated that although well meaning friends try to give her a good word, she waits til God gives her a word. I know from first hand experience, that it will be obvious when He gives you one. :)
  Then a short time later that day someone posted this on a facebook group I belong to..."As this year draws to a close, receive My Peace. This is still your deepest need & I, your Prince of Peace. long to pour Myself into your neediness. My abundance & your emptiness are a perfect match, I designed you to have no sufficiency of you own.  I created you as a jar of clay, set apart for sacred use. I want you to be filled with My very being, permeated through & through with Peace. Thank Me for My Peaceful presence, regardless of your feelings. Whisper My Name in loving tenderness. My Peace, which lives continually in your spirit, will gradually work its way through your entire being"~ Isaiah 9:6, 2 Cor. 4:7, John 14:26,27
   This all sounded so very similar to my prayer the night before! Someone must've been eavesdropping!!
   AND the next kicker was, it was announced that the groups word for the year was also going to be PEACE!  REALLY?  I'm sure I chuckled out loud!
  Today our ladies LifeGroup, (bible study, if you will) convened after missing a few weeks during the holidays.  I told them my little story and I believe they too were moved by it....and what was SO striking & did not go unnoticed by them, nearly every scripture that was part of the lesson (the leader had NO idea of my story prior to this) talked about having God's peace!  I was not surprised but it certainly WAS my confirmation that this was going to be My word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment