Saturday, November 13, 2010

American Girl~step into the past

I remember when my young daughter & I were first introduced to the American Girl dolls. Oh my! Even I would pour over the catalogue making a wish list for things I wanted her to have.

She was just at that age when some girls her age were growing up too fast and not being interested in 'baby' dolls, so this was one way to satisfy my daughter's (ok, and mine!) love of dolls without it being so obvious to her friends. This was a specialized 'big girl' doll whilst still being able to be played with! You just can't get any better than that!

There was a special anniversary coming up between her and her dad so what better gift for her than this doll! Since we were huge fans of everything old fashioned & "Little House on the Prairie-like", she chose Kirsten. Oh the sewing that went on to also surprise her with clothes and a quilt & also a hand-made wooden table set. Not to mention all the little cool ad-ons, like a bucket, apples, pies etc. Little did we know at the time that these dolls would later grow into the franchise they are today!

I remember thinking at the time she got Kirsten that this would be an heirloom doll. That one day she'd be able to pass her down to her own daughter. A doll that would hold the loving endearments from her dad on their special day along with the clothes that were lovingly made by me. Well fast forward almost 20 years and that time has come. My daughter has two adorable girls of her own and the time is coming fast that she can pass this beloved doll to them...but to which daughter?

In comes Mom's Best Bets to hopefully help us out with this. The colonial doll, Felicity is going to be retiring soon. MBB is offerering her to one lucky reader!



My granddaughters are homeschooled as well so she would make learning history all the more fun in addition to eliminating a tug-o-war between two little girls and a just one doll!! This Oma would be so happy to win this for them. That way each girl would have a special doll from their Oma & Opa.

So, as much as I would like to keep this giveaway secret and win it for myself...I feel compelled to share it with all of you (plus I get extra entries for doing so! lol)...
And if you just happen to not have a little girl to give it too, well you just let me know and I'd be happy to help you out with that dilemna! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment