Friday, October 15, 2010

RIP our little Liesl mouse~Oct 13, 2010


I've been keeping an eye on Liesl for a few days now. (shown here before she even had her eyes open) I wasn't liking her body language & slight weight loss. Yesterday morning she was very lethargic & she was wondering around the cage aimlessly. At one point Chigger rather violently was 'turning' & 'flipping' her with her hands. Liesl barely moved after the trauma. I didn't know if Chigger was trying to revive her or kill her. It was very disturbing to see and after I saw her do that a couple times, I was like huh-a no more of that!! I fixed a container for her and she just laid there. I prayed that God would take her quickly as it was painful to see her laboring to breath. I checked her constantly thru the morning, then some time during when the ladies were here for a Bible study she finally passed away.

You know I still have 9 mice left but she is really going to be missed! How silly is that, some might comment? She was the runt though so it's not too much of a surprise. Her and sister Lilly were/are my sweetest babies though. They both loved to come get scrambled egg from my hand & to be petted. Although I must say that Re-Pete & Jonas are close seconds when it comes to that. Most of the remaining 9 will let me pet them without running off. I really do love them all.

I put her in a little bracelet box I had that fit her perfectly and waited til Stephen got home for us to bury her together. The box seemed appropriate since she was a little jewel too. When he got home that night, I wasn't home but he told me he opened the box to tell her goodbye. I was so touched by that gesture. He never ceases to amaze me with his sweet & gentle heart. I mean I knew he loved them but I kinda figured it was a little different than me cause he's been away so much.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the people that have expressed their condolences. I know that many do not share or understand our love for these little critters, but I am touched that they can appreciate our loss all the same & that they cared enough for US to let us know that.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment