Saturday, February 6, 2010

Be still and know that I am God...Psalm 46:10

We woke up to almost 2 ft of snow this morning. Wow! Does that throw a wrench in the fast paced life most people lead today. Even our animals were thrown off. As I slid the sunroom door open, I had to shovel just so the dog could get out without a foot & a half of snow coming back inside. The cat sniffed it like she expected it to be stinky. LOL
Taking the dog out to investigate further I was struck by the silence. I could hear nothing but my own thoughts really...no cars off in the distance because the roads weren't plowed so no one could get through. Occassionally I'd hear & see a snow-laden branch give way to a muffled thump.
As we walked down the driveway that someone told me looked like a postcard it came to me...."Be still and know that I am God" I thought how very perfect.
WHO but God to stop people & technology so quickly & suddenly in their tracks? Slow down! Take a day off, so to speak. But that's not to say that we can't still have some fun & enjoy the simple pleasures, right?
And even for those that must be out clearing the snow...well as they sit on their plows they're getting plenty of thinking time as well.
I for one am going to try & to keep this little verse in my head today as I enjoy just being snowed in. And should I venture out later with the dog, I'm going to take the time to stop and smell the snowflakes. Ü

1 comment: