Monday, April 27, 2009

Don't forget to stop and smell the tulips!


The other day I took the camera out to get a picture of our tulips that had just bloomed. I had to do so quickly not only because it was windy but also because we have a big white dog that has yet to learn not to run through them! But I was reminded of a simple saying when I watched Zoey running around the yard. She was doing 'her job' of ridding the grass of bunny m & m's, sniffing the wood stacks, snapping at bees and picking up killer sticks yet when I approached the tulips she muscled past me so SHE could smell the flowers first! And it wasn't a fast sniff either, it was a lingering, savoring sniff. It made me chuckle out loud as I snapped the picture. Regardless of our 'job' and we all have extremely full schedules, we need to remind ourselves to stop and savor the beauty around us! Thanks Zoey!

No comments:

Post a Comment