Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friends for the long haul

I’ve been thinking about my close friends alot lately. I’m not exactly sure why...perhaps because I’ve been having so many introspective moments? Who knows... And by ‘close’ I certainly don’t mean geographically. These are the people that have been in my life for more than a season or two (but let us not forget how important those people were/are as well!!)
I’m talking about the people that are there for the long haul. Most of which have been there for more than a decade and some for more than 4!! (although there are couple newbies of less than a decade) But no matter how often we get to talk or see each other, it’s like we’ve never been apart. We pick up right where we left off. These are friends that you can be yourself with and they are going to love you anyway! And just thinking about our times together makes me smile.
Then I was thinking how awsome it would be if I had tons of money that I could get all my dearest friends together in one room at the same time. Where would it be, what would we eat, what would we talk about?...gosh it would be a hoot beyond hoots! All that comic talent! Ü
Anyway, I was sent an email this morning that really touched me..and I must say seeing all her friends in the room, not only made me jealous Ü, but gave me inspiration to tell my friends what I was thinking....so to Hallie, Brandy, Betsy, Boog, Andrea, Robin and Penny it has been a great privilege and honor to call you my friends. Thank you! And although the video is directed toward ‘girlfriends’ I have to include the very special & exceptional men in my life as well, my dear husband Stephen, Jim and Terry. Here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4qwVLqt9Q

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you're more than a friend, Kathy...you're my family (Stephen, too!). And if we all get together (WHEN we all get together), let's not serve the infamous strawberry salad... :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete